We have traced the practice history back to the 1870s when a Dr James Lakin had an established practice at 3 High Street, Sutton Coldfield. Dr Alfred Evans carried on the practice at that address and was knighted, being a Justice of the Peace and Mayor of the town at various stages of his life.
Other buildings associated with the practice were at 1 Coleshill Street and in Streetly Village.Ley Hill Surgery was brought into the practice in 1921.
Doctors Dangerfield, Knott, Ogborn, MacKay, Whitfield, Livingstone, Whittington, Wall and others developed the practice over the decades until the present partners joined in the 1970s, ’80s,’90s and 2000s.
By 1990 Ley Hill was becoming too small for modern medical practice. The partners decided to build new premises on the same piece of land and to demolish the old building. In 1998 and again in 2003 further accommodation was added to increase the number of consulting rooms.